Top 5 Painting Tips
Mar 31, 2022
Ever wanted to create your own pet portrait? You should give it a whirl!
Here are my top 5 tips:
1. Get a little guidance: I regularly teach a Paint Your Own Pet class that covers the basics - join me! Or, if you're not in the Nashville area, do a YouTube search and watch tutorials before you get started.
2. Use the right supplies: Visit your local art supply store (Jerry's Artorama is my Nashville favorite!) and let them help you select the fundamental materials that will set you up for success.
3. Work from a good reference photo: A well-lit, high-resolution photo will yield noticeably better results than a poor-quality option.
4. Have patience with yourself: Think Malcolm Gladwell's 10,000 hours approach - everything takes time to master!
5. Practice makes perfect :)
As it does with most things in life! Don’t expect to be a master artist right out of the gate; that’s unfair to you! Manage your expectations and be willing to put in a little trial and error!
Ok, have fun with it! Post pics of your creations and tag me in them- @paintedpawstudio. You’ve got this!